Get Your Wings
Wings of Positive Change
“Let Your Life Make a Ripple of Positive Change”
Share a Happy Thought
This week’s kindness challenge is about creating good in the world around you by sharing happy thoughts, songs, smiles, helpful hands, even stickers – whatever it takes to put people on a positive train of thought.
#1Mmoments #HappyThoughts #positiveripple #Icreategoodthoughts #gotmywings
A thought is an idea or opinion produced by thinking, or occurring suddenly in the mind.
I’ve always loved the visual idea of a “train” of thought. It’s the idea of getting on board a good thought and leaping screaming off a train bound for nowhere, how exciting! The most important point about any train is its destination. Getting people to change their train of thought, to pull them off of a negative thought onto a happy thought, changes their entire direction and may even change their life.
I have been following the neuroscience of happiness for years. Time magazine published a Special Edition called “The Science of Happiness” featuring research from the top US universities. In the article is a quote from Abraham Lincoln, “Most folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” This lesson in human school is about creating a happy train of thought, inviting people on board and helping them change their minds.
To understand how to establish and maintain happy thoughts we need to realize that our mind has a bias towards negative thoughts. Science suggests that our Neanderthal brain is wired to retain negative information immediately. Originally, this was to avoid being eaten by dinosaurs and flee from danger. Happy or positive thoughts require dedicated focus of 20 seconds or more to be retained. Think about a time in your life when you received tons of positive feed-back and one negative criticism. Which train did you get on? Did you get on the positive train and celebrate all your positive success or did you get on the critic’s train? The goal of the Kindness Challenge is to recognize when someone has chosen to get on the negative train and to encourage them to switch trains! It’s going to take more than one happy thought! You need 20 seconds of positive focus to set the new course. Each day we will send you new and fun ways to share a happy thought. Be sure to scan each day so you don’t miss one!! Keep yourself full of kindness. You can only pour, what you are full of!
- Share a smile, you’ll be surprised at how many you get back!
- Share a song, like Pharrell’s “Happy” or the Black Eyed Peas “Be Nice”
- Share a movie, like “Peter Pan” with Robin Williams. Peter Pan couldn’t fly until he found his happy thought!
- Share the 1Mmoments Facebook group and use the hashtag #1Mmoments when posting encouraging thoughts.
- Share a sticker! Toni is famous for igniting happiness by sharing happy faces, butterflies, the new 1 in a million sticker, or face stickers from MyFaceSticker.com (save 15% with the code totallytoni)
Happiness is that feeling that comes over you when you know life is good and you can’t help but smile. … Happiness is a sense of well-being, joy, or contentment. When people are successful, or safe, or lucky, they feel happiness.
Same QR, New Content - EVERY DAY!Week TWO Daily Plan
My Goal This Week: Engage Others in the Kindness Challenge
- Download, print, and place the KindnessQR in your home / office where you will see it each day.
- Take time to scan the KindnessQR everyday for encouragement, laughs, music and great lessons
- Share the KindnessQR #1Mmoments in your social accounts
- Add the KindnessQR image to your images on your phone, to share with others.
- Taking in the Good is an excellent article about overcoming what scientists believe is our built in “negativity bias” and provides three simple steps to weave positive experiences into the fabric of your brain and self.
- Purchase (Kindle Version available) From TIME, The Science of Happiness: New Discoveries for a More Joyful Life. Cutting-edge research from the Lee Kum Sheung Center for Health and Happiness focuses on the debate surrounding whether or not there is a direct relationship between happiness and health.
Click on the image above then save it to your computer. Upload the file to your label print provider of your choice. NOTE: The label is meant to be printed as a 2″x2″ but the sticker in the upload is actually 2.5″x2.5″ to allow for trim.
About Human School
The best moments in life are those that illuminate our hearts with sparks of joy. One of these moments was when my great-niece Maegen shared her first diary page with me. She had just begun to write, and I bought her a pink “Hello Kitty” diary. She came to me and opened it to a page with a big smile. She had written 5 simple words that began my commitment to build Human School. She wrote, “You are my favorite human.” At the time, I didn’t remember people using those words. Doug and I immediately adopted a love language of saying to each other, “You’re my favorite human.” What a worthy goal, to be someone’s favorite human. Today’s society is filled with disagreement, people taking sides, and competition. In Darwins, The Descent of Man, he explained the origin of what he called sympathy (which today would be termed empathy, altruism, or compassion) as an essential part of human nature. The current social climate moves us away from our human nature to be cooperative and compassionate. Human School is designed to encourage and inspire the BEST of your human nature. Each lesson contains practices to establish new positive routines for your day with exercises to establish best of your humanity as routine. Are you ready to make a commitment to your humanity? This unique series on human school focuses on the practices of human kindness. When given the change to be right or be kind, let’s choose kindness. Take time to share this with your family, friends, co-workers, and customers. Our mission is to create decisive moments that transform the world around you. Thanks for joining me for Human School. Let’s practice daily kindness in our world!
My vision is to create a positive resource to move the world toward good with one million positive social posts hashtagged #1Mmoments. Then, when a person feels they can find no good in the world, they know they can go to #1Mmoments to see happy family, friendship, love, kindness, compassion, cooperation and love.
My mission is to bring positive change to our world. I love the idea of the Butterly Effect and the power of one. That one small change in atmosphere can produce tremendous change as it gathers strength. One million moments of positive change in the world is about small moments with one person reaching out and sharing kindness, compassion and cooperation. I believe there are kind people all over the world just looking for a plan of action. Here it is! Thanks for being one in a million and transforming our world with kindness.